If you have decided to sell your products online, then you are on the right path to success. According to statistics, ecommerce sector is one of the fastest growing sectors in the global economy, with an average of 20% increase per year, and a global market worth $bn 680 in 2011.
Selling online is significantly easier and better than selling in a brick-and-mortar store. It has endless benefits but the more important ones are:
1. Reduced costs – setting up and operating an online store costs much less than selling in a physical store. There is no rent to pay, you hire less staff, etc.
2. The sale process is much simpler and shorter – Using simple automation in your online store, customer orders can go directly to your products database and into the shipping queue. With a well-designed online store you can improve your sales processes considerably, reducing your costs further and selling more products per transaction.
3. Global sales – with an online store, you can sell your products globally. You can sell your products to the entire country and even abroad.
4. Your store is open 24/7 – since the internet never sleeps, your online store will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This will increase the number of customers who can shop in your store, further increasing your opportunity for sales.
5. Increased customer information – Customers will get information about the products you sell much easier. They can go to specialized forums, read reviews, compare products, etc. much easier if you sell online and not in a regular physical store. play station
So now that you have understood the importance of selling on an online store, let’s see how to actually sell online.
First thing that you need to do is to create an online store. You can create an online store on an online marketplace or you may create your online store on your own website. If you intend to sell on an online marketplace, then just registering for an account will do the job, but if you want to sell on your own website, then you need to buy the domain name, buy hosting to it, install a shopping cart software and after all this, you may start selling your products.
After we have created our online store, it is time to get visitors to it, or in other words, to get traffic. The more traffic you will have, the more sales you will get. There are 2 types of traffic: paid traffic and free traffic. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but in the long run, it is better to focus on the free traffic. Free traffic can be obtained in different ways, like blog commenting, video marketing, article marketing, directory submission, forum signature, etc.
One of the most important sources of traffic are the search engines. Most of the websites on the internet get their traffic from them. But in order to receive large amounts of traffic from them, you need to optimize your online store for the search engines, a process called Search Engine Optimization, or SEO. SEO is divided in 2 categories: On-page SEO and Off-page SEO. On page SEO focuses on optimizing the internal ranking factors of a website, such as content, meta element, H1 tags, img tags, keyword density, etc, while off-page SEO focuses on optimizing external ranking factors such as backlinks, the anchor text of the backlink, neighborhood, etc.
After you have optimized your online store for the search engines, and got large amounts of buyers, you need to provide good customer support to those buyers, and to make sure that the majority of them are satisfied. The more satisfied buyers you will have, the more successful your online business will be, and contrary, the less satisfied your buyers will be, the more your business will sank so making those buyers satisfied is very important.